Barrie Area Native Advisory Circle (BANAC) collectively serves as a regional social planning organization based upon the concepts of life long learning, self determination, and community participation. We are dedicated to promoting a wholistic approach to address common concerns of all member communities. We will instill the importance of the Anishnabe language, wisdom and knowledge in all our endeavors.
Our Vision Statement
Working together to keep our Indigenous culture alive and creating a better future for all people.
- To serve as a regional catalyst in health, social and community developments for the advancement of the aspirations and overall well-being of Indigenous people in Simcoe, York and Muskoka
- To undertake activities that support cultural learning and seeking the good life (Mino Bimaadiziwin) as well as initiatives to enable cross cultural education, awareness and cultural competency.
- To establish respectful, trusting relationships, co-operating and communication between communities, service providers and planners that will create understanding, bring healing and effect progress in addressing agreed upon community needs.
- To support system-level change through a First Nations, Métis and Inuit approach to service integration that will enable the equitable shared development of culturally safe, appropriate and accessible continuums of care.
- To provide an inclusive, accessible forum for sharing information, knowledge, networking and training opportunities for all interested communities, agencies and individuals.