Long Term Care & Long Term Care Liaison
Who We Are
The Indigenous Long Term Care Program provides Indigenous Status, Non-Status, Métis and Inuit clients living off-reserve with advocacy, information and referrals' to community and Aboriginal service agencies (Services will be pre-determined through an intake process). Through the Aboriginal Long Term Care Program we aim to: enhance the quality of life, encourage independence, promote integration within the community, promote preservation of wisdom and knowledge, and, maintain dignity.
Friendly Visits: In home visits, assisting with shopping needs and other daily living activities.
Security Checks: Checking on the safety and health of isolated elderly clients through regular weekly telephone calls and/or home visits.
How We Can Assist You!
- We advocate on health and social related issues for you.
- We promote cultural sensitization for community organizations providing services to Indigenous Clients.
- We make referrals to appropriate service providers.
- We network with community organizations to ensure clients have access to all possible services.
- We identify educational opportunities for clients through workshops, seminars on health and life related issues.
- We assist clients with access to Non-insured Health Benefits, Ontario Disability Support Program and more.
- We offer transportation for seniors (+55), Elders, and the chronically ill clientele.