Maapii Enjii Zaagi Gaazwad
This program was created and developed by BANAC.
Maapii Enjii Zaagi Gaazwad is an Ojibway phrase which translates to - A place where they are looked after, Loved, and taken care of.
This program will:
- Serve families with young children 0-6 years living in the catchment areas of Midland, Penetanguishene, Tiny and Tay Townships
- Act as a safe, nurturing and stimulating gathering place for Indigenous Children and Families where they can access a variety of programs and services.
- Serves as an Indigenous Child and Family Centre that is connected to Friendships Centre’s, Native Women’s Groups and Métis Centre’s to support all the needs of our Indigenous Children and Families;
- Create a warm welcoming environment where our Indigenous world views and values are protected and respected.
- Support the culture and linguistic needs of Indigenous Families.
Everyone is welcome -
Although referrals can be made through the following Indigenous Organizations:
- Barrie Native Friendship Centre
- Georgian Bay Native Friendship Center
- Georgian Bay Native Woman's Association
- Métis Nation of Ontario
- Orillia Native Woman’s Association
- Dnaagdawenmag Binnoojiiyag Child & Family Services
- Mamaway Wiidokdaadwin Primary Care Team
Non Indigenous Led Organizations:
- Chigamik Community Health Center
- Community Living
- Early ON Centres
- Family Connexions
Please Contact: Natalie Olsen, Biinoojii Biidabin Coordinator at 705-627-2563 or email: email@example.com