Children Are the Future.
Biinoojinsauk Child Care Centre Program Information.
Biinoojinsauk Child Care Centre works to establish overarching principles and our goal is to create a safe space to foster happy Indigenous children and their families, while strengthening cultural identity. We thrive on maintaining a comprehensive and coordinated system that is anchored in self-determination, centred on children and that is grounded in culture.
Our programming includes:
- Community and social supports
- Culture and language
- Health promotion
- Nap/quiet time
- Parent and family involvement
Elders play a vital role in the wholistic development of our children and play a vital role in our programs. Elders may participate in the following areas:
- Project Support – Provide guidance to the Parent Council, integrate the use of the sacred medicines and provide teachings and input for curriculum development.
- Program Delivery – Elders and grandparents are invited attend training for the Nookimis / Mishomis and Mother Goose programs to enhance and implement new skills.
- Classroom Involvement – Elders may be asked to facilitate and provide smudges, opening prayers, legends, and teachings. They may be asked to provide guidance where required as well as lead with songs and stories.
Our teaching staff is trained in Early Childhood Education, recognized by the College of Early Childhood Educators and the Ministry of Children and Youth Services. They follow all standards set out in the Child Care and Early Years Act.
Staff is also required to maintain current First Aid/CPR certification, up-to-date immunization and health assessments, and current criminal reference checks in the vulnerable sector.
Bebminot Family Wellness
Bebminot Family Wellness serves North Simcoe & Muskoka Indigenous families. Promoting children’s wellness in an inclusive environment.