BANAC — OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
Learn how this website collects, uses and manages personal data.
Like most organizations, we may monitor website traffic patterns, site usage and related site information. Our website uses a browser feature called a “cookie” to optimize your visit to our website. You may set your browser to turn cookies off during your use of any website and, in any event, when you close your browser the cookie is deleted. We do not link your IP address or cookies to other personally identifiable information. This website does NOT collect any personal information from visitors.
By accessing and browsing our website, you agree that we may collect, use and disclose any personal information collected about you through our website as described in this Policy.
In order to provide quality care and services to our clients, we collect and use personal information. Barrie and Area Native Advisory Circle (BANAC) is committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality and security of all information gathered from clients, staff and volunteers. BANAC is committed to following the rules set out within the relevant legislation (PHIPA), and preventing the inappropriate collection, use and disclosure of personal information. You have the right to know how we may use and give it out and how you can get access to it.
To ensure the protection of your personal information, we have:
- Privacy Policies in place
- Appointed a Chief Privacy Officer to answer your concerns or inquiries
- Set up safeguards in the handling of paper, electronic and verbal personal information
HOW WE WORK
BANAC staff and program teams (including Mamaway Wiidokdaawin) provide you with a variety of health and wellness care and services. In using our services, you give consent for us to collect and use your personal information.
Information for your best care may be shared among those directly involved with your care. We take all necessary steps to ensure your privacy is protected and your personal information is safely stored. Your personal health information is shared among your doctors, nurses, care givers, and all other team members who provide care and assistance to you. We do not share your personal information with
We may collect, use and give out your personal health information to others, as reasonably necessary to:
- Provide you with health care and assistance, both within and outside our care facility;
- Communicate or consult about your health care with your doctor(s) and other healthcare providers;
- Do health system planning and research; and
- Report as required or permitted by law
LIMITS TO CONFIDENTIALITY
As required by law, BANAC may report information to third parties without consent:
- If we believe you are a danger to yourself or others
- If we suspect that a child under the age of 16 is at risk
- If our records are subpoenaed by the courts
- If you are considered by law to be unable to make informed decisions about yourself
- In cases of a reportable communicable disease that must be reported to a Public Health Agency
- To determine or verify your eligibility to receive health care benefits
- In cases of required reporting to the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board
ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
The information in your records belongs to you; the physical record itself belongs to BANAC/Mamaway. You are welcome to read or request a copy of your personal health records (administration fee may be applicable for photocopies). If you wish to access your personal health record please inquire at the front desk or call 705-734-1818.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
If at any time you have questions or concerns about the treatment of your personal information or the protection of your privacy within BANAC, please do not hesitate to address your concerns in writing to your service provider.
We may change this Policy from time to time. Any changes will be posted on our website at banac.on.ca and will be made available upon request. Please check from time to time to ensure you are aware of our current policy. This Policy is current and reviewed on an annual basis.